Sunday, August 9, 2015

Full Swing!

As most are aware college football is now in FULL SWING! Camps have begun! Hello to early mornings before the sun arises and nights that end long after the sun has gone down! It never fails we are entering the hottest days of the year- just in time for two-a-days!

As a football wife you have two choices: embrace this crazy life or resent your husband for choosing this career path. I choose to accept this life and embrace it- Arms wide open! Part of that embracing this life business is looking at the positive side of things about camp. For those negative Nancy's out there who cringe and curse their husband's during camp, I encourage you to make a list of the positives about camp life!

Here are some POSITIVES I look forward to every August!

1. Meal preps come back into full swing (and I always tend to slim down a little because of this)
During summer when coach has more free evenings, we dine out A LOT! We are foodies, so naturally we enjoy dinner out with the kiddos. I can meal prep and never eat out. I will cook for days at a time, coach comes home and says "How about we go get fajitas tonight." Naturally I am all in. I tell my inner fat kid that we will just have a few chips and bask in the meat and veggies of fajitas. Although this never happens. It never fails I have engulfed an entire cup of queso/salsa and a bowl of chips. So for this reason I enjoy camp and the season because the days of dinner out are long gone! I go back to meal prep and eating clean. My body thanks me for this!

2. Me time...also known as gym time. Now that coach is occupied sun up to sun down, I have the time schedule my days as I want. The time has come, he is already busy so I no longer feel guilty leaving him at home to catch my exercise class. In the weeks leading up to camp, I always slack on my workouts because we are trying to fit in as much us time and time with the kids before he is gone day in and day out.

3. GAME DAY! I mean who doesn't look forward to game days? Tailgates and watching those boys out there are what we live for! On Saturdays in that stadium is usually the longest span of time that coach and I are in the same vicinity from August- December- well except for in bed sleeping of course. Although when you think about it he comes home long after I've usually gone to bed and he's up before I roll over.

4. The little moments...
Because coach and I don't get to spend too much time together during season, especially camp weeks, I get the chance to do all the cheesy little things that made him swoon for me long ago. I get to leave little love notes in his backpack and color fun things on the mirror for him to see. I get to get crafty and make him game day treats. I am crafty little lady and I like making him things. The season is a perfect time for all this. It gives us a way to connect while we are both busy.


5. Parading my minions around the office. The boys and I make impromptu visits to surprise dad and say, "Hi!" Everyone always enjoys seeing the boys and really...who doesn't love holding a squishy baby?

This year for camp I am making some fun football shape cookies for the coaches and players and then I am making pounds of homemade chex mix for coach to keep at the office to snack on throughout the weeks. I am also whipping up some fun treats for coach's players- just his position group. Here is the start of a little something... The smaller ones will be for the players and the big one I am going to frame for coach.

These are the days I get most excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment