Thursday, March 12, 2015

I am savoring my final days of Spring Break! Tomorrow we leave to spend the weekend in Arkansas with my family! While I am thrilled and excited to see my family...I have grown to loathe family trips. It's such a hassle packing for a baby! Here is a list of what we feel we need to take for AJ- Everyone is different, especially if you travel by plane, but the Haywoods are driving!

TOP 10 ITEMS YOU NEED WHEN PACKING FOR A TRIP WITH A BABY
1. Lots of changes of clothes
2. Pacifier
3. Bottles
4. Breast Pump/Bags/Ice Packs/Small cooler
5. Burp Cloths- AJ has some reflux A LOT
6. Blanket
7. Bumbo Seat- Like he's going to touch the ground between my mom, step mom, and sister
8. Boppy Pillow
9. Diapers
10. Wipes

That's just the baby! Mommy still needs her shakeology, containers, 21 Day Fix workouts...and then of course the basic necessities for daily use like clothes, deodorant etc.

Day 4 of the Fix and I am feeling good. Lower body is still sore- but hey you've got to break those muscles down and tear them to rebuild them stronger and leaner. If you're not sore- you're not doing work!

Today's shake is going to be chocolate, cinnamon, and nutmeg mixed with almond milk and a green container of spinach! I LOATHE vegetables and since I need 5 greens a day I have to sneak them in somewhere.

Side Note* My milk supply while nursing is staying pretty stable while on the Fix. I have added the intense activity but I didn't cut calories too much. Round 2 I might try and drop down a calorie bracket but for now I wanted to go up a calorie bracket- I wasn't willing to chance a big dip in supply. After the first 21 days the hope is my body will have adjusted to the workout and activity level I have added with the clean diet and then round two I skim my diet down just a tad to get more results but at the same time keep up the milk supply!

Three months postpartum my focus is not cutting calories, and if you're in the same boat you should have the same philosophy. It took 9 months for your body to adjust and change with baby, it's okay for it to take 9 months for it to go back. My focus is making the clean eating and exercise my lifestyle again, creating good habits. Naturally if you're eating clean and adding activity your body will start to change. Now my body may not change as quick as I would like, but feeding my baby that good ol boobie milk is my priority right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment